Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

From shaggy to not

After spending many, many months of not getting a haircut nor trimming my beard, this recent weekend I figured the time was right. Partly because my hair had exceeded the ''retro '70s'' phase of shaggy-ness, and partly because at this stage of my life -- including the gradually receding hairline -- I just think I look better with shorter hair. Plus, the new semester had started, and I wanted to look decent for teaching.

As per usual, I got out the ol' electric clippers, put the spacer attachment on it, and went at it. The Girl helped some -- at her request. And The Lady tidied up the parts I couldn't see.

The beard stuff I did on my own.

Just because I had a lot of excess on the beard to play with, I tried out the ''pharaoh look''. Alas, The Lady said it made me look sleazy.

Fair enough -- I was just experimenting...


(Reader comments?)










So, this is the final look -- asymmetrical ears and all.

Hopefully, by the time you're thirty-eight, yer satisfied with your face. :)


--GG

3 Comments:

At August 11, 2007 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! We look like brothers! (We currently have the same hair cut. Was really hot out one week and I finally got tired of my long hair.)

 
At August 30, 2007 4:37 AM, Blogger Charlotte said...

Cutting your hair took 10 years off you and you look nicer than you did with more hair. You just look like you would be more approachable.

 
At August 30, 2007 11:59 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Charlotte,


That's very nice of you to say. :)


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home