Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A few nights ago, I dreamed that I was in my mid-20s, living in an apartment complex, with a fun, perky next-door neighbor much like Tracy Toth [or did she spell it ''Tracey Toth''? regardless, if she ever Googles her name, I hope she pings me!].

Natalie Merchant -- formerly of the band 10,000 Maniacs -- lived down the hall. I was standing around talking to this Tracy Toth-like person, and Natalie Merchant walks by. I mentioned to her that I was in the process of recording some songs that I'd written, and I was in need of some pure-sounding female vocals -- would she be interested in contributing? She said sure.

Of course, this was just a dream. First of all, I'm not in my mid-20s. Second, when I **was** in my 20s, Natalie Merchant didn't actually live in my apartment building. And third, when have I last actually recorded a song?


(Photo is from www.jalc.org -- not sure what that stands for -- just chose the image from the first row of results from Google's image search.)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home