Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, March 12, 2007

I look like a dork

Wow! There's nothing like a passport photo to make you look non-attractive. At least with driver's license photos, you can kind of smile. With a passport photo, it's total deadpan.

I'm greying (which I don't mind), but it's mostly on one side; my ears are completely asymmetrical; and my hairline is very much receding (which I'm not willing to take surgical or chemical interventions to address, but still clashes with my self-image from my young 20s).

Sorry, our scanner's broken -- otherwise I'd post a copy of the photo.


On the other hand, this truly does illustrate how a sunny smile -- or a dopey grin -- can really improve a person's appearance. ;) Compared to the hand yer dealt, when you're staring deadpan.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home