Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, March 02, 2007

Science-ish merit badges


I just now read an e-mail from Old Roommate about ''Science-Related Merit Badges'' that he thought applied to me. (He notes that '' Images of the badges along with interesting summary from http://scq.ubc.ca/sciencescouts/

It's quite a list on that page!

Anyhow, here are the merit badges he chose for me:


  1. The "has frozen stuff just to see what happens" badge ((TRUE!!!)

  2. The "I work with way too much radioactivity, and yet still nodiscernable superpowers yet" badge. ((No radioactivity nor superpowers; but still, quite fitting))

  3. The "I may look like a scientist but I'm actually also a ninja" badge. ((Something like that...)) ;)

  4. The "I'm a freaking rock star who sings about science!" badge. ((''She Blinded Me with Science!!!'' Not sure; I know I name-check Leonardo DaVinci in one of my songs, but for his artist-ness.))

  5. The "inordinately fond of invertebrate" badge. ((Eh? Sorry?))

  6. The "have used a dental drill and I've never been a dentist" badge ((Technically not true -- although I do have a university-surplus phlebotomist's chair (or possibly blood-donating, or dialysis), which we refer to as ''the bloodletting chair''; very comfy! reclines waaaaay back.))


The photo at top is very similar, but not exactly, to my blood-letting chair. The wheels make it handy to move it about the room (watch t.v.!!! look out the window!!!), and it has drop-down trays mounted under each chair arm. But unlike the one pictured, the arms don't slide down.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home