Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Truly was a rare guitar

While waiting for The Lady, here at Uni (she had to go in to finish up some online course-posting things, and I'm watching The Kid -- who's currently asleep), I'm doing my intermittent thing of browsing e-bay for a replacement of my Ibanez Roadstar II electric guitar, which was pinched during the burglary we had a few years back.



I hadn't realized how rare that guitar was. If e-bay is the arbiter of how hard an item is to come by, I simply can't find any versions of that guitar that match mine: all of them listed either have one humbucker, one humbucker with two single-coils, three single-coils, or a pair of humbuckers that look completely different from mine. Plus, mine was pleasantly unusual in that it didn't have a pick guard.



On a similar note, the Austin bass that I lost, with chrome pickup guards shielding the two pickups, also hasn't ever surfaced on e-bay. By ''pickup guards", I mean the chrome thingies like on the Fender Precsision bass photo that I grabbed off e-bay: my bass was black, with a tortiseshell pickguard, and the finger rest (that rectangular block of wood) was on the other side of the strings, and served as a thumb rest). But essentially, that's what my bass looked like.


Ah well: I'll keep looking...


--GG

1 Comments:

At February 28, 2007 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird! The only electric guitar I ever owned was a bright red Ibanez Roadstar II. I paid $200 for it used in 1988 or 99 or so and sold it for $250 years later to a band boy in Seattle.('cause I never learned to play it and thought $200 was a little steep for a knick-knack.) :o) I should have held on to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home