Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Feeling good, people like me

My innards are back to about 95% normal-ness, so I'm pretty pleased about that. Ate ''normal food'' last night -- The Lady made a stir-fry with onion, ground beef, wild rice, and etc. -- and although my serving wasn't as large as usual, my tummy felt good about the experience.

Also, I got a phone call this morning from a local university, where I'd submitted an application for a position at their Violence and Victimization research institute. Apparently, I've been shortlisted. Interview in early April.

Yesterday, I dropped off an application for a Research Officer position at a government Crime/Criminal Justice research agency downtown. And, the day my Violence and Victimization interview occurs is the closing date for one of two parallel Lecturer B (for the Yanks: Assistant Professor) positions at The Lady's department. Awkwardly, if I apply, for obvious reasons she has to excuse herself from the selection committee -- which means she wouldn't have a say on the characteristics of who gets hired (for either position).

We'll see how this all turns out. The plan is for me to keep applying, and just take the first gig that comes up. 'T'would be nice to have a proper income, again. ;)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home