Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Applied for a job

Well, I submitted a job application yesterday; we'll see if anything comes of it.

It's for a research assistant position at a local university. They're using a simulation software package -- Extend -- to model the criminal justice system. It combines a background knowledge in criminology/criminal justice with dinking around with computers: could be fun!

Unfortunately, the timing's a little off: I'm hoping to wrap up the ''good draft'' of my Ph.D. Dissertation by the end of Feb. or early-to-mid-March. However, they want to hire someone as soon as possible, such that the new person's time overlaps with the existing guy's remaining days on the job -- and he leaves in, umm, mid-March.

But, I'm hoping that **if** they're interested in hiring me, I can negotation some sort of half-time deal for the first month or so. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll -- yet again -- torpedo my Dissertation progress for the sake of full-time employment.

Of course, they may not even **want** me. We'll see. ;)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home