Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, January 19, 2007

When is edible liquid a drink

So, I was rinsing out a container from the 'fridge that had just a little leftover spaghetti sauce. The contents were still perfectly edible, with nutritional value -- although a bit cold -- so I poured it into my mouth and drank it.

Now, some people might find that disgusting; I don't [obviously]. But it got me thinking...

If it was just the liquid, without the little bits of ground beef and onion, and I poured it in a juice glass, people would think that's gross.

But if I poured it in a mug, and heated it up, then it would be ''broth'' -- perfectly acceptable.

So: juice squeezing can be drank cold. Tomato-and-meat squeezings can be drank hot, as long as there's no chunks. If there **are** chunks, then you need to use a spoon, and it's now ''soup''.

Terminology.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home