Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Cool feet on a hot day

Both The Lady and her mum **hate** having hot feets on a hot day: makes 'em feel even warmer.

A few days ago, I came up with something that helps.

I've been sitting in the spare bedroom (our ''home office''), typing on my Dissertation, and sweating like a monkey -- despite having a floor fan, the windows open, etc.

Got our plastic dishpan (but a small plastic storage tote would work, too -- anything waterproof and rectangular), poured in a few inches of water, and tossed in five or six ice cubes. Not enough to make my feet go numb, but just enough to be... COLD!

Every half hour or so, I'd have to go get more ice cubes. But, yeah -- it really helped! Felt a bit dorky, typing with my feet in a tub of icewater under my desk -- but, hey.


Thought of Tara (one of my regular blog readers [thankee!]), who also doesn't like the heat. I realize it's still winter for you Americans -- but just keep it in mind for this summer, and give it a try. :)


--GG

2 Comments:

At January 26, 2007 1:22 AM, Blogger Tara said...

You've gotta figure out a way to make that portable, GG. It's not so bad inside the house, but it's going outside that I can't tolerate.

 
At January 27, 2007 2:39 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Heh! :) Here, it's the opposite: The house we live in has more walls than windows -- esp. given the amount of stuff we have (some stacks of boxes are blocking the free flow of air).

--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home