Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A cooler face for the warmer days

About once a year -- usually coinciding with the early stages of summer -- I shave off the facial hair. (Well, the beard and moustache: I retain the eyebrows.) I figure: why carry the extra insulation? And plus, when I start sweating like the monkey I am, the rivulets of sweat percolating through my beard tickles, like.

So, mid-morning today, I shaved it off. The Kid -- luckily -- wasn't freaked out. We'll see what The Lady says about it (I already cleared it with her last week; just hadn't got around to doing it).

Every time I shave off the ol' beard, I notice -- or am reminded of -- things about my face. I'll leave it for you to peruse. The ''before'' version is under the ''about me'' link in the upper right of the blog page.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home