Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Kid music tendencies

A few minutes ago, I was describing (via e-mail) The Kid's musical tendencies to Kevin of The Palo Pinto House Pants House Band fame. Figured I'd recycle it in my blog...

If you're not into kid stuff, skip this whole entry. :)


With minor editing:

When I tried my accordion (one of the many instruments that I own, but don't really know how to play...) on The Kid, she kept grabbing my wrist and pulling it away from the keyboard -- her indicator for me to stop. (note: Still not really talking. Good communication, though: when she wants company, she pats the ground, or the seat, next to her and says ''Sit.'' When she wants me to follow her, she takes my finger (her hands aren't big enough to take my hand) and pulls me along. When she wants me to sit down on the sofa, she stands in front of me, grabs the outside seams of my pants, and steers me to the seat, then gently pushes.) She enjoys strumming guitars, though -- when I bring out the electric guitar, she borrows my pick, and when I go into pawn shops, she walks down the guitar aisle, strumming each guitar as she passes.

She also **loves** the drums. My mix-'n'-matched drum kit is out on the veranda, under a sheet (to keep the dust off), and often she'll duck under the sheet and start banging away. Sometimes uses sticks, sometimes just her hands. My hope is that in the next ten years or so
I'll have an in-house drummer. :)

No pressure, of course...


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home