Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Bad move for getting bandmates

Monday morning, I picked up the The Lady around 7:45am from her professional-type conference in the U.S. I'd foolishly gone to be late the night before, so she, I, and The Kid all had an afternoon nap on the bed. And, although we're typically night owls, we all went to bed early (for us!), around 11pm: for The Lady, jet lag; for me, lack of sleep.

The phone rang at 12:20am. As do most people, thought it was some emergency -- possibly something from the U.S., about a family member. But, no -- it was a lady calling back about the message I'd left her (three days prior!) regarding her ''starting a band'' ad she'd left in the local weekly music magazine.

Handy tip for rounding up bandmates: Don't phone people -- umm -- after midnight.

Granted, in my message I'd said I was a night owl, and she could phone up to 11pm or so. But that was on a **weekend**, for goodness sakes!


So, many points off, for that. I took the cordless phone, and went out into the kitchen to find out whether this person was worth auditioning. Turned out our musical styles weren't very compatible (she doesn't like the Ramones!!! Joni Mitchell a big influence [I respect J.M., but really isn't within my realm of songwriting]). So, that was a waste.


Ah well.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home