Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Free stuff!

Every once in a while, one of the local neighborhoods has a ''pile your semi-useful junk on the curb, leave it there for a week or two for folks to paw through, and then the trash collectors will take it away with your regular stuff'' event.

As I've probably mentioned, I'm somewhat into woodworking; I'm cheap; and I'm a hoarder/re-user. So, after driving past all these tempting piles of goodies, I finally stopped by nearly every single one of them, poked through, and grabbed what seemed useful.

Perhaps not surprisingly, when you actually get out of the car and look more closely, the piles devolve into more ''trash'' than ''treasure''. Still, I managed to score a few scraps of wood for future projects. Also included was a plant stand.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home