Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Yay! Rcv'd my Ubuntu CDs

Yay! Worked late tonight, but when I got home, I discovered that my Ubuntu installation CDs had finally arrived!!! Ordered them March 29th -- and now it's April 26th. Well, I guess a month's postage, considering it was (1) international, and (2) free[!!!]) ain't too bad.

When I opened the package, I was initially dissapointed, as I'd requested four regular ''installation CDs'' and one ''live CD'' -- but it seemed as though they'd only sent me five ''installation CDs''; ah well. But, as I was reading the back of the CD cover, and opened it to read more, I discovered each CD holder contained two CDs: an installation CD and a Live CD! Nift-a-roonie!!! :)

Will give one of the CD ''sets'' to the Very Helpful (and Pro-Linux) I.T. Guy at work. This is consistent with the tendency of the Ubuntu folks to give 'em out in sets of five: postage for one is only slightly cheaper than for five, and they encourage folks to give them to friends 'n' family.


Old Roommate was kind enough to order me a ''Doing Nifty Things with Ubuntu'' book. Looking forwards to receiving that, too. :)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home