Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Minor geek-ness

Rcv'd my scanner yesterday (Monday, my day off), and my OCR software came today.

Had already re-arranged my desk in preparation for this: had made room for the scanner at one end. But still, had to move my cup of tea, bottle of water, etc. to the other side of the desk.

Gye Greene's #1 rule of I.T.: Keep wet things away from expensive electrical things.

Also had to crawl around under my desk, adding a power board and re-plugging power cords. Luckily, had unwittingly worn an appropriate shirt: My "Linux Format"magazine "Richard Stallman" ("Alan Cox"?) t-shirt.

Minor geek-ness. Good stuff!!!


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home