Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Slushie run

On campus, near the building I work in, is the Lolly Shop (i.e. the candy store).

Shortly after I started working here, I (apparently!) started the tradition of going on a ''Slushie Run'' about 2:15 every day. Sometimes it's a bit later; and sometimes if there's a big project slamming up against a deadline, we skip it -- but basically, it's every day. One of the guys in my room (the cubicle behind me) and I make the rounds and gather people, and anywhere from two to eight people stroll on over to the Lolly Shop.

It's called a ''Slushie Run'' because everyone knows that I get a slushie drink (Slushie/Slurpee/whateer) from the machine. Some people get a ice cream bar, or a soda. Or, they just come along for the walk (and the company).

Regardless, it's a fun little tradition that I'm pleased to have initiated. And it's become institutionalized, in that if often occurs even on my days off. :)


--GG

2 Comments:

At January 23, 2006 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for starting a harmless, fun tradition that all can enjoy and which builds team spirit. Also good for you for walking. Maybe not so good that you're consuming "empty calories" that will "rot your teeth out" every day. But considering all the potential evils in the world, it's a small vice. How long is the walk?

Adjacent to my work place is a park with a circular path around it. It takes 17 minutes to walk the loop, so my cow-orkers and I often do the loop for our 15 minute breaks.

 
At January 29, 2006 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, wait a second! Does that mean you come back to work 2 minutes late all the time? I'm telling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home