Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, December 05, 2005

Missing my music eqpt

Earlier today, replied to an e-mail asking about guitar effects pedals. After I hit ''send'', I realized how much I miss using my effects pedals and other music gear. F/X pedals are like ''lenses'' for sound: just like you can shine a light through different colored lenses, you can play your guitar through different pedals.

I also miss my synths: no room to set them up. This lack of room was driven home as I flicked through the local weekly classifieds and saw a Roland Juno-106 for sale, right here in town. These things are hard to come by here in Brisbane -- and this one seemed reasonably priced (asking AU$495; would negotiate down) and came with a hard case. Plus, hopefully it runs on Aussie voltage, not U.S. The photo is an example, which I got off e-bay. Note that it's an ''old school'' synth, in that it uses faders and knobs, rather than changing the parameters through push-buttons.

Partly 'cause we don't have five hundred bucks lying around at the moment (although this is a pretty good price, 'round these parts), but mostly because I wouldn't have anywhere to put it, I'll have to pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home