Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Special nails

On the way in to The Girl's netball game (similar to basketball, but the ball is smaller; you stand and pass or shoot, rather than dribbling; and there's no backboard behind the net) -- an "away" game -- I noticed that there was construction going on at the school.

On our way back to the car afterwards, I noticed a cluster of nails scattered on the ground in the dirt-and-gravel parking lot.  I picked them up and put them in my shirt pocket.

One of my "things" is that when I scavenge (or "salvage"?) materials, I keep track of their source.  Then I try to keep them consolidated in a single project (or, with a large enough stash, multiple projects).

So, this collection of nails -- one teeny, six medium, and six longer -- will end up in some mini-project.  I'm not sure what yet.  Maybe a small wooden box -- or (even smaller) a tray of some sort?


There's no hurry: the opportunity will present itself.

Meanwhile, I put them in a small metal "mints" tin -- along with the note that identifies where and when I found them.

When I do use them, I'll make a note on the bottom of the item about the provenance of the nails.



--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home