Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Movie review of I Could Never be Your Woman

Saw I Could Never Be Your Woman on DVD.  According to Wikipedia, it was released straight to DVD in the U.S.:  huh; it's as good (or better) than some clunkers I've seen in the theatres...

It stars Michelle Pfieffer and Paul Rudd.  She's middle-aged woman who writes for and produces a t.v. show:  she falls for a much younger man who she's cast on her show.

Conflict of interest aside (i.e. dating someone you're supervising at work), I found this show charming and a little cheesy. For me, the ultimate indicator is whether I stayed up late to finish watching it:  yes, I did.

I'm writing this nearly a full year later (3/15/19), based on scribbled notes, so I don't remember about the sex, cussing, and etc. 

But, yeah:  I liked it.  If your tastes are like mine, you'll enjoy it as well.  Not in my top 20 ever -- but perfectly serviceable as a rom-com.


--GG






Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home