Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Good book so far

Old Roommate and Belinda Harmless were kind enough to mail me a book as a gift.

I started reading it on the train today, on the way to work.  And on the way home.  Enjoying it.   :)  Well-chosen, folks.  :) 

The book is All Our Wrong Todays, by Elan Mastai.  It's about a guy from a parallel "year 2016" from ours, that actually achieved all of those Jetsons-like innovations (food pills, jet packs, flying cars...).  Apparently he makes it over to "our" 2016:  I'm not sure how, yet, as I'm only up to page 54.


I know a book is good when it has lots of delightful turns of phrases.  This one does.

I like this one (p. 54):  "It was both the greatest kiss of my life and also made me feel like until that moment I'd been kissing all wrong.

Nice.  :)


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home