Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, May 12, 2017

Spreading the sunshine

As I've mentioned, I'm reading a book on tidying.  Inspired by that book, I've started to go through my closet -- particularly things that I haven't worn for a while.  If I don't like the article of clothing, I should get rid of it if I do like the article of clothing, I ought to wear it more!


During the process, Wednesday night, I came across a pair of green tie-dyed pants that my late sister gave me about 1994:  I think she found it in the thrift store that she worked at.  It's been a few years since I've worn it -- but I like it.  So, I decided to wear it on Friday, because:


1) It's Friday, so I can get away with being casual.

2) We've been having a lot of grey days (it's winter) -- and the greyest of days is when one must wear the brightest of colors. 

3) I'm happy to amuse people.


So, Wednesday night I picked out a vest that went with the pants -- and a necktie that went with the vest.  And then I picked a black shirt, just to serve as a frame for the outfit.



And, here's the outfit (selfie in the men's room at work):



I made a **lot** of people smile -- or even burst out laughing.  So, mission accomplished!


--GG

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At May 22, 2017 12:03 AM, Blogger Language Is Love said...

This outfit also made me smile. So green of you to wear that to work!

 
At May 22, 2017 12:04 AM, Blogger Language Is Love said...

This also made me smile. So green of you to wear that to work!

 
At May 25, 2017 8:46 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Thanks! Great screen name, BTW: I'm used to you being Kansas Lutheran. ;)


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home