Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Movie review of The Comet

Last night I watched The Comet. It's a romantic comedy, which plays with time in that the movie keeps jumping forwards and backwards in time, through various stages of the couple's on-again, off-again relationship.

I liked it pretty much – it had some good dialogue, and there were some bits where I laughed – but I was dissatisfied with the ambiguity of the ending.

I did like the Sherlock Holmes-like deductive reasoning abilities of the male lead, though. And the lead is played by Justin Long – whom I tend to enjoy.

There were several frank sexual references, and a fair amount of swearing.

Worth seeing once – but I won't be buying the DVD.


--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home