Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, October 05, 2015

Down the rabbit hole

Well, I've gone down the rabbit hole with YouTube, and with Wikpedia -- chasing layers upon layers of interesting-sounding related links -- but never with poetry.

I rented The Age of Adeline on DVD, and one scene around the twenty-minute mark has a guy quoting some poem about "Jenny Kissed Me".  It sounds like a good poem, so I Google it, and find it here at The Poetry Foundation -- and the next thing I know I've started a "Poetry" folder on my hard drive, saved twenty-one poems to it, and re-discovered Sonnet #18 from Shakespeare:  "Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Day" -- which I memorized in high school.


I've never been "into" poetry -- but I appreciate a good song lyric, so --


Good stuff.


--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home