Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, October 09, 2015

I must be eyecatching

Tonight I almost stopped by the local fish and chips place -- but then decided that I should get something that wasn't deep-fried, and went to the Subway sandwich place next door.

Whenever I choose Subway over the fish and chips place I feel a little guilty, because the fish and chips place is a non-chain, whereas the Subway shop is a multinational chain (although I suspect that this branch is a franchise, so locally owned).


While I was standing in line -- wearing a funky vest and tie, and my black cowboy hat -- a guy entered the shop, approached me, and asked if he could take a "selfie" with me.  I agreed.

When he left, I followed him outside to see what it was all about.  It turns out that he was sitting with some friends outside the fish and chips shop, and one of his friends had bet him forty bucks that he wouldn't approach me and ask for a photo.

I jokingly asked if I could get some sort of commission, for my participation.  Just then the waitress from the fish and chips shop walked by, so I changed my request and said, "If there is a commission, just give it to the waitress as an extra tip." 

Then I went back to the Subway shop.


A little while later, the guy stuck his head inside the Subway shop and told me that he'd given the waitress ten bucks.

Sounds good.  :)


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home