Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Learn new things

(Something my paternal grandfather would have said.)

"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."
          -- Thomas Henry Huxley (1825-1895)


"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
          -- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

(Ed. note:  Nothin' wrong with schooling.  But nothin' wrong with learning off yer own gumption, neither.  --GG)


 "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them."
          -- Mark Twain (1835-1910)


"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
          -- Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)


(Source for all of these: http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~robins/quotes.html


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home