Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, September 27, 2013

It was a Smiths song

I have a nine-to-five, Monday-through-Friday type of office job.

However, this week I had to take off Tuesday and Thursday, for childcare reasons.  So, I only worked Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

The mornings were bad, because it was like having three Mondays that week:  I stayed up late the night before, trying to prolong my day off -- and when I was at work I kept reminiscing about all the productive things I'd done on my day off.

BUT -- once the afternoon hit, it was like having three Fridays in one week -- with all the hope and optimism that a Friday will bring.

What this taught me is that when (not "if") I win one of the big lotteries, I'd work two adjacent days each week, rather than split them.


--GG

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home