Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

On writing

"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
          -- A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)


"Thank you for sending me a copy of your book - I'll waste no time reading it."
          -- Moses Hadas (1900-1966)


"Manuscript: something submitted in haste and returned at leisure."
          -- Oliver Herford (1863-1935)


"Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them."
          -- Flannery O'Connor (1925-1964)


"Some editors are failed writers, but so are most writers."
          -- T. S. Eliot (1888-1965)


"Write drunk; edit sober."
          -- Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

(Ed. note:  figuratively speaking.  --GG)


Source for all of these:   http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~robins/quotes.html


--GG

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home