Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, March 18, 2011

The good of the many outweigh the good of the few

Maybe it's my middle-ageness, but I misted up a bit when I read the newspaper article about the 150 nuclear power plant workers who had volunteered to expose themselves to major amounts of radiation, in the hopes of trying to fix that nuclear power plant in Japan.

They sound like they're all my age, or older: not the young, spunky kids, but the older, seasoned guys who know the ins and outs, and tricks of the trade.

Made me go home and watch the last ten or so minutes of The Wrath of Khan -- where Spock sacrifices himself to bring the warp engines back online. Scenes 15 and 16 on the DVD (my version, at least).


--GG

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home