Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Music a day

Today is Tuesday. Monday of last week, I embarked on a ''Music a Day'' quest:

I eat my lunch at my desk, while working. Then, when I clock out for my lunch **break**, I take a walk to a park that's ten minutes away; sit on a park bench and play the harmonica (was my grandfather's) or the tin whistle (see photo), depending on my mood, for ten or fifteen minutes; and then walk back to work.

So far, I've done this every day. Good for the soul.

Almost missed one day, due to rain. But, the weather cleared.

Won't be doing it tomorrow, though: will be having lunch with a guy who does the database extractions for another dept. He's about twenty years older than me, and used to play guitar in a local band, back in his younger days. He saw the Beatles in concert!!! Gonna geek out about music stuff.

Although: I guess geeking out about guitar stuff is still "music a day". :)


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home