Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Search your feelings You know it to be true

Was at lunch today with the guitar guy I mentioned yesterday: he's about 58 or similar. Was eight years old when Buddy Holly died.

We ate at a nifty little obscure place, down a narrow alley, kinda hidden. Neat-o!

I asked him how he'd discovered this place, and he said that his daughter -- who also works downtown, had found it. They sometimes have lunch together, there.

Soon after, we were seated outside the cafe, eating, when he glanced up and -- referring to two young women walking down the alley towards us -- said, "Ah! Here comes my daughter, now!"

When they reached us, I stood up, shook the daughter's hand, and said with a smile, "Hi. I'm not your father." I then shook her friend's hand and said, "I'm not your father, either."

That would be something my dad would've done. ;)


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home