Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Cooked fine

So, The Lady is away at a conference, so it's just me and the kids. Except for ramen and sandwiches, I don't cook. But, we had some chicken defrosting, which The Lady didn't have a chance to cook before flying out. So, it was up to me.

I'm usually afraid to cook meat -- esp. chicken. With veggies, if you undercook them, it's no big deal -- just a little raw, crunchy, and/or starchy. But with meat, you can actually get sick.

But, I also hate to waste food: if I didn't cook the chicken, it would have to go to the dog (note: boneless).

So, I cubed it (cooks faster), and picked some of our recently-planted herbs. I thought the herbs would be too strong, but they cooked right down -- I'll have to add more next time.

Cut the larger chunks in half: no pink. OK.

The kids each tried a piece, and each spit it out. Fine. So, I ate it all myself. Surprisingly, it was pretty good. Tasted like fried chicken, with a touch of herbs. Not surprisingly.


--GG

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At December 25, 2010 8:20 AM, Anonymous Giovanna said...

Made me laugh!

I find ground turkey/ground chicken easier to cook.

By the way, this entry regarding your cooking experience has as the word verification: diets. How about that?

 
At December 28, 2010 10:21 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Diets: Spooky!


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home