Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, November 26, 2010

A happy birthday

My birthday was the best in a long while, with only two minor flaws: nicely done.

I stayed home with my two sons today, as I do most days of the week. They were actually well-behaved today (for the last two weeks they've started to pick on each other). Watched about two-thirds of the "When I Met Your Mother" DVD (rather stingy of whoever portions out the DVDs: each season is broken into three or four disks, which you then have to rent separately).

When the boys went down for a nap, I had a lovely nap as well.

Picked up the girl from school. Sawed a bit of wood.

Took the kids to swimming. Then The Lady took us all out to an Indian restaurant.

Home. The Girl gave me a picture she'd drawn, plus a card she'd made. The kids gave me a little frog statue, plus a drum (an inexpensive rack tom). The Lady gave me another drum (a floor tom).

Intended to go to bed at a "normal person" time (i.e., around 9pm).


As I said, there were only two downsides to the day. First, on the way to, and at, the Indian restaurant, my innards weren't feeling too good. So, I didn't eat as much as I normally would. But, that just meant more leftovers for the next day! By the time we got home, I was fine.

And second, when I checked e-mail just before going to bed, a co-worker had asked me (around 3pm, but this was the first I'd checked e-mail) to review and re-write a fe things, that had to be back to her by the next morning. So instead of going to bed around 9pm, or maybe reading for a bit and then going to bed, I ended up doing work stuff until about midnight. (Ah, well: I get paid by the hour.)


A really pleasant day.


--GG

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home