Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Actually pretty good

I'm taking a moment from writing my third chapter from The Project That Would Not End (it's currently early October; the original project deadline was mid-July) to comment that in the larger scheme, things are pretty okay.

I'm getting tired of being tired: for the last two weeks, I think there's only been two nights where I've had a decent night's sleep. For the last three (or four? it's all a blur) nights, I had from two to five hours of sleep -- and it's starting to all catch up with me.


BUT --

I'm getting some interesting findings in my chapters. It's an enjoyable challenge to try to write up the results in a manner that's clear and accessible to laypersons, yet doesn't misrepresent the analytic techniques or the meaning of the findings.

Everyone is healthy (except for a persistent cough with The Lady and Boy #2).

I have a lovely family.

Got a roof over my head; food in the 'fridge (and, as of an hour ago, also in my belly!).

And I have a book and a DVD on their way to me from Amazon (my five in the morning reward to myself for racking up **massive** hours on the ol' timesheet!).


And this draft of the report should be out of my hands by midnight tonight (was supposed to have been Sunday night; and Monday night -- neither of which happened).


So: in the aggregate, it's going good.

Now, back to work. ;)


--GG

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 07, 2010 6:54 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

OK - submitted the draft yesterday afternoon -- and got eight hours sleep that night. Need to approve my supervisor's edits tonight.

--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home