Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, September 24, 2010

Workshop photo

My paternal grandfather died recently, after being in assisted care for several years. Due to work and family commitments I wasn't able to attend the funeral (on another continent; would've taken 48 hours just for the round-trip travel).

This photo was displayed at the funeral: he's puttering about at his workbench. (To the right, on the wall, is a zillion crescent and box-end wrenches.) My uncle was kind enough to send me a high-resolution scan.

I'm gonna get a large-ish print made of it, and hang it up in my workshop, next to my workbench.


--GG

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At September 25, 2010 9:56 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Clarification: When I actually get my shop set up...


--GG

 
At September 25, 2010 11:23 AM, Anonymous Dave'ola said...

I can see the family resemblance, esp. in regards to the organizational / boxes'o-stuff well-archived and organized, and so forth. Your Grandfather would be honored by the picture above the workshop bit.

 
At September 25, 2010 2:02 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Thx! :)

--GG

 
At September 28, 2010 5:21 AM, Blogger Tara said...

Nice photo. Sorry for your loss. Grandpas are awesome. I miss mine.

 
At September 28, 2010 7:59 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Tara,


Thanks for that. Yep - Grandpas are groovy.

As you know, I'm into (mostly handtool) woodworking. So when he moved into assisted living, I inherited a lot of his hand tools. Pretty much doubled my stash of tools; put differently, about half my tools are from my grandpa. Pretty neat-o.


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home