Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, September 20, 2010

Better working

Because it's school holidays this week, I was able to work a ''full'' day -- at work.

Usually, I'm the one that both drops off the kids at daycare and school in the morning -- and then picks them up again after school. So, my workday is constrained by when school is in session -- minus about a half hour at each end for getting to and from work, parking, and walking to (or from) the building. Basically, I'm at my desk for about four and a half hours.

So, to get stuff done, I work evenings and weekends -- usually about 9pm-midnight, or 10pm-1am or 2am -- somewhere in there.


But today, The Lady took the kids -- and it was **niiiice**. I was actually in at work -- for a reasonable length of time!

When I had questions, I could jump right up and consult with people. When I had a question for someone from another organization, I could e-mail him or her -- and get a response THE SAME DAY!!! (Usually, I e-mail at 10pm; they answer during the day; and I read their reply around 10pm the next night.)

And being able to sit down and focus, crank through a bunch of stuff, and be wide awake for it? Niiiice! I got soooo much stuff done!!!


Reeeeally looking forward to when the kids are all in school, so I can get me one of those Nine-to-Five types of jobs.


--GG

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home