Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Lottery in five years

...OTOH...!!!

Let's say I won the million-$-plus lottery prize, and the kids are all in school (and old enough that one parent can easily get them all to bed by herself). Here's what I'd do with my life:

-Take a M/W/F martial arts class in the evening
-Find a sparring partner to try out moves that are tangential to what is covered in class
-Work out in my home gym/backyard gym (would first need to build one!) 4-6 days a week

-Teach one university course a year (or maybe, one a semester); just do the lectures, get someone else to do the grading
-Two days a week (i.e. 9am-5pm) spend on research

-Three days a week (9am-3pm) record music
-Every evening, practice three different musical instruments, spending 15 minutes per instrument

-Woodworking on weekend mornings or afternoons, and occasional evenings
-Building a few small outbuildings, such as a small artist's studio for The Girl, and a carport-ish structure for extra lumber
-Odd bits of yardwork during the day and on weekends: including clearing out some overgrown areas and laying out pathways between the various outbuildings for the kids to ride tricycles along

-Weekends and evenings hang out with my wife and kids; some of the above might also already be with the family


Hmm. Although, three nights a week for martial arts might mean that I don't see my kids that much during the evening. OTOH, I'd probably be the one picking them up from school -- so I'd see them for about four hours between school and when I left for practice.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home