Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, April 05, 2010

Lottery wouldn't change my life

First of all: the back is a whooole lot better. I managed to not do anything stupid to it (or just stupid in general, for that matter), so it's about 80% back to normal. I'm still being careful, though.

But the purpose of this post: occasionally I daydream about what it would be like to win the lottery -- not the cheesy little "You've won $10,000" prize (which would be nice -- pay off some bills, invest most of it [hopefully!]). But rather, one of the life-changing, you-can-quit-you-day-job prizes -- probably a million dollars or greater. With a million bucks, you can invest it wisely, and basically live off the interest (if you're careful).

But today, I realized that -- at least for the next year or two -- my life wouldn't substantially change. I wouldn't give up my job, since I'm in the middle of ongoing projects and I'd like to see them through to completion. I wouldn't get any more time for woodworking, or music, or martial arts, as those are dependent on wrangling the young children. We wouldn't move, since we like our house, and its location.

So... yeah.


That's a good place to be: getting a million bucks wouldn't change your daily life.


Addendum: The Lady, however, might quit her job, or drop back to part-time. And **that** would mean I could do more stuff during the day...


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home