Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bats

A few days ago I was outside around 6:15pm -- near dusk -- putting my tools away (another stint of doing minor woodworking while looking after the kids). I was near the back porch. I looked up. And there was a steady, but scattered, procession of bats flying overhead.

They were coming from somewhere beyond the front of the house; flying leisurely over the house, or our neighbors' houses; and disappearing into the woods behind us. I went inside and got The Girl, and we stood in the backyard for a while, watching the bats fly by. Some of them passed fairly overhead, such that we could see their shape pretty clearly as they passed above. Neat-o.

The next night, I also happened to be outside at about the same time, but this time I got B1 and we watched. (The Girl, and B2, were elsewhere -- I forget where.)

Tonight I forgot to go check, until it was past the time. I'll have to check it out tomorrow.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home