Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I like tea

I go through these "tea" phases, where I drink a lot of green tea. It lasts for a few weeks (often during the fall or winter), and then fairly abruptly stops.

And, just as abruptly, it resumes.

("Resumes" is a good word. I was gonna say ''begins again'' -- but ''resumes'' is better.)

Monday of this week, a co-worker was making a cup of tea, and offered me a teabag for myself. I declined, but thought to myself (in a Homer Simpson voice, "Mmmmm. Tea..."). That night, at home, made myself a cup of tea. Been doing it ever since.

Because I drink my tea pretty weak, one teabag lasts me for several cups -- all evening, and often into the next day (I put it in the 'fridge overnight). Which is why it takes me so long to go through a box of tea. I have -- among other stashes of tea -- two boxes of (originally) 40 bags of tea each of fancy Chinese green tea (two differenet types). Tuesday I gave the tea-offering co-worker two ziplock bags of 15 tea bags each -- and I still have about 30 bags left for myself.

Again, not counting my other stashes.


But -- when I think to have some -- I do like tea.


--GG

2 Comments:

At March 11, 2010 12:24 PM, Anonymous Giovanni said...

I was tempted to buy some ice cream the other day at the grocery store, but settled on the healthier choice of baked/microwaved potato with melted cheese! Mmmmmmmmm!

 
At March 12, 2010 11:06 AM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

That's good.

Although maybe you should buy some ice cream once in a while, too. :)


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home