Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Router adventures

Today, while the kids were having their daily "the summer sun is behind the treeline, so it's safe to play outside" time, I got to use my electric router for the first time.


One of these:



... rather than one of these:

(Curiously, the woodworking type of router didn't show up in a Google images search until the second image of the fifth page of results!)


I'm in the long, protracted process of making a pair of stilts for The Girl. I used the router to round over the corners of the 2" x 2" boards that make the -- umm... long parts -- of the stilts.

I still need to go over the whole thing with some sandpaper, plus apply some finish. I'll post some pics when I'm done.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home