Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, September 04, 2009

Wireless headphones saved my life

Well -- if not my life, then certainly my sanity.

One day a week I go in to work (the rest of the time I work from home, in the evenings). I'm in an "open plan" office, with several other folks.

I prefer to listen to music when I work -- but I try not to inflict my musical choices on others. For a while, I used headphones -- but the cable tended to get in the way of my arms when I was typing. Plus, I tend to get up and down a lot (getting a drink; fetching something from the printer).


Aldi had wireless headphones on sale for AU$50 (about US$42). ((9/6/09 - CORRECTION: AU$40 - ABOUT US$34.)) Picked up a set, gave them a go.

Ahhh.... :)


Plus, I figure I can use them for my home studio, as well: when I'm playing along to existing tracks, but don't want the headphone cable to interfere with my movement.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home