Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Friday, August 07, 2009

Move recommendation for Fight Club

Tuesdays at the local video rental place -- right next to The Girl's daycare centre -- are the cheap days. So, once in a while I pick up a week-long rental for two bucks, and watch bits and pieces of it as I have time.

This last Tuesday, I rented Fight Club. Rented it for the architecture: the run-down Victorian mansion that Tyler rents.

Movie was surprisingly good. Even though I knew the "twist" ending (due to the Wikipedia summary - which is where I found out about the architecture), I still enjoyed it.

Misc. comments: brief nudities, frequent cussing, weird violence; but good dialogue; fairly nihlistic; may appeal to males more than females.


And the architecture was indeed good. :) Would be good to live in a house like that -- or, have a friend with that house.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home