Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Building and hearing

Two fairly unrelated things:


1) After about two weeks of not working on it -- due to my parents and my brother staying with us -- tonight I made some more late-night progress on a small wheelbarrow and garden tool shed I've been building out of scrap lumber. Since moving in two(?) years ago, our wheelbarrow, shovels, rakes, etc. have just been leaning against the side of the house, under the eaves. But, I didn't think that was enough protection: hence, the mini-shed.

Good stuff; therapeutic; I like building things, as it engages the mind, the hands, and I can see the progress I make -- incremental though it may be.


2) Tonight I got to try out the wireless headphones I bought on Thursday. (Unpacked them Friday night -- but they batteries needed to be charged for 24 hours prior to the first use.) Works well. Tempted to buy a second set, so I can drive one set of headphones with one transmission unit -- for if and when I ever record folks in my home studio (which isn't yet set up, and won't be for quite some time...).


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home