Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Death of a salesman


It seems like -- similar to the mountaineer's credo of ''Don't look down'' -- the secret to survival as a sales person is to concentrate on the successes, not the failures and rejections.

Thus, I think I may have yanked Dumbo's magic feather a few weeks ago when I observed to a salesguy at a mall kiosk that most people **didn't** stop to talk to him, when he tried his opening line. (He worked at a place that sold somewhat overpriced beauty treatments made out of sea salt, or walnut shavings from Portuguese chipmunks, or some-such.)

I suspect that I made him think -- because when I was in the mall a few days later, the kiosk was unstaffed. It was like that for a few weeks -- until last week, when they have a replacement.

Oops. Sorry, guy.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home