Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Swine flu catchphrase

I heard on the radio that one thing that distinguishes swine flu from ''regular'' flu is the level of contagiousness: with regular flu, one in ten people who are exposed catch it; with swine flu, it's one in three.


But that's tangential to the purpose of this blog entry, which is this: I wish I was a famous person (like Wil Wheaton) who could initial cultural catchphrases, because I have one for swine flu.

When people call in sick for work, they should say, "I can't come in to work today. I gots d' pig."


When it read it, it's not that impressive. But if you say it out loud, it's catchy.

''I gots d' pig.''


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home