Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The laptop whispers to me

As I've mentioned, I've been staying up 'til 1am to 4am --2am is typical -- to try to wrap up my Dissertation. Generally, I call it quits for the night when I close my eyes for an eyeball break, and realize I've dozed off while sitting up (or, with my forehead on the edge of the desk).

The fan on my wife's laptop makes a soft ''hmm-HMM-hmm-hmm, hmm-HMM-hmm-hmm'' sound. Just now, it started saying “The WALLpaper the WALLpaper...”

Which is weird, because we don't **have** wallpaper. Just paint.


Time for bed...


--GG

4 Comments:

At April 24, 2009 2:30 PM, Anonymous bierhoernchen said...

Perhaps you can hear the machines talk, and your fan is desperately crying out for wall paper, but can only do so in its faint, whispery voice.

 
At April 25, 2009 4:27 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Kinda like this guy -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ex_Machina_(comics)

--GG

 
At May 01, 2009 11:07 AM, Anonymous bierhoernchen said...

Exactly! Have you had any experiences with mysterious devices exploding into your cranium?

 
At May 01, 2009 4:27 PM, Blogger Gye Greene said...

Not for a few weeks.


Hey -- wait-a-sec...


--GG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home