Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good weather, good life

Excellent weather today: very Seattle-like.

It's a bit of a myth that it rains all the time in Seattle: actually, it just **threatens** to rain. Chronically overcast -- but only sometimes eventuating in rain.

That's how it was today: two or three heavy showers, bracketed by lovely, soothing greyness.


On other news, I'm coming back down to earth after having submitted my Ph.D. Dissertation. Not shockingly, other things have come up to fill in my newfound ''free time'': a job application due tomorrow (May 20th), plus trying to make up some hours at work (totally pulled back over the last two months, in favor of Dissertation progress).

And, because I haven't been putting in the hours, we still need to live frugally for the next few weeks, until my earnings get restored. So, no taking my trumpet, violin, and clarinet out for their much-needed tune-ups.

Two big around-the-house projects: building a climbing gym for my daughter (i.e. a triangular thing, about my height, made up of 2'' x 4'' s left over from our house's construction), and making a toolshed/transistional workshop (for storing shovels, the wheelbarrow, etc. -- but also for a bit of woodworking, whilst I get my act together over getting the mega-shed built).


The twin boys have a bit of a cold, but everyone else is well.


--GG