Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Monday, May 18, 2009

My shopping basket

Reveling in the newly-found freedom from the shackles of my Dissertation, I had a bit of a wander today. Went to a local woodworking tools shop, about three neighborhoods away, that's been on my ''To Do'' list for the last three years. Unfortunately, it apparently managed to go out of business in that time, as it's been replaced with some bio-tech business.

So, I stopped by the ''cheap 'n' crummy stuff'' shopping center, which I haven't been by in about a year. Funny the amount of turnover of the shops -- gone out of business, to be replaced by other ones.


My shopping basket probably looks a bit different than most folks'. I bought:

  • a glow-in-the-dark nametag/key ring (I collect GITD things)
  • two cans of spraypaint (for marking-out purposes)
  • yellow raincoat-ish overalls (to keep the thistles from sticking to my pants when I wade through the brush in the further reaches of our back yard)
  • elbow-length welding(?) gloves (probably for costume purposes, rather than for welding)
  • a Fred Astaire DVD
  • a Shirley Temple DVD
  • a black plastic gardening trowel (for one of the kids, when they're older; I want each kid to have her/his own trowel), and
  • a sheet of smiley-face stickers of various colors (for future guitar-decorating)
The whole pile cost me around AU$40 -- which is around US$30. Not bad.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home