Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A guitar is expected

Yesterday, when I picked up The Girl from daycare, she was having a lot of fun playing outside, so I let her continue playing for a bit. I sat against the wall of the building, and absent-mindedly played my harmonica, which I keep in a pouch on my belt.

One of the four-year-old boys came up to me and asked me, "What's that?" I told him it was my harmonica.

"Why didn't you bring your guitar?" he asked. (How did he know I have a guitar?, I wondered.)

He asked me if I had an electric guitar, and I said I did.

After a few exchanges, I ended up promising to bring my electric guitar to his daycare class. But, I told him, not for a while, as I had some things I needed to finish, first. (My Dissertation revisions -- but I didn't tell him that.)


So: I guess I'll be bringing my electric guitar, plus some effects pedals and an amp, to my daughter's daycare class. Sometime in late April, I suppose.


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home