Gye Greene's Thoughts

Gye Greene's Thoughts (w/ apologies to The Smithereens and their similarly-titled album!)

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Will get a wooden dado plane

Something I geek out on, that most people don't, is ''classic'' wood- working tools.

When I graduate, I plan on -- over the following year or two -- picking up an adze, a mortissing axe, a hewing axe, a one-person crosscut saw, and a dado plane (pictured), fillister plane, and plough plane.

Some good sources for me to remember (not an endorsement, as I haven't tried 'em yet):

-Hans Brunner tools (here in Aussie-land -- in Brassall, here in Queensland -- a bit east of Ipswich; maybe two hours' drive?)

-The Best Things (in the U.S., in Virginia -- but can mail-order)

-The Tool Exchange (in Caloundra, up the coast a bit in Queensland)


--GG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home